The semi-finalists have been announced for the 10th annual South West Chef of the Year competition!
The number of entries received rose again this year and in addition to this, the standard of those entries was exceptional. As a result, the judges took the decision that they would have to allow more entrants the opportunity to demonstrate their skills for the judges, inviting a higher number than usual to prepare their menus at the semi-finals!
Eight chefs have been selected in both the Professional class (sponsored by Ritter Courivaud) and the Young Professional class (sponsored by Exeter College and Paramount Personnel) to attend the semi-finals at Exeter College on Saturday 12th October. Three chefs will then be selected from each class to return for the finals on Monday 28th October, again at Exeter College.
Meanwhile, the South West’s Best Dish class, sponsored by Ashburton Cookery School, received a record number of entries from the keen home cooks of the region! Faced with a wide range of dishes, the judges decided to invite four entrants, rather than the usual three, to the final to be held at Ashburton Cookery School on Saturday 19th October.
The final for the new Junior class, launched this year, will also be held on Saturday 19thOctober at Ashburton Cookery School and our finalists will be announced after the county heats have been completed.
The results of each class will be announced at an awards presentation dinner on the evening of Monday 28th October, sponsored and hosted by Exeter Golf and Country Club. More details below.
Professional class semi-finalists:
- Adrian Andrews – Chef de Partie, Ode Restaurant, Shaldon
- Sam Burfield – Sous Chef, The Castle Hotel,Taunton
- Andrew Chan – Sous Chef, Thornbury Castle, Thornbury, Bristol
- James Clark – Route 2, Topsham and Travelling Cookery School
- Daniel Hutchinson – Senior Chef de Partie, Lucknam Park, Bath
- Maciek Kijewski – Head Chef, Beales Gourmet Catering
- Daniel Moon – Head Chef, Ston Easton Park, Bath
- Brett Sutton – Head Chef, The Eastbury Hotel, Sherborne
Young Professional class semi-finalists:
- Nathan Cornwell – Chef de Partie, Lucknam Park, Bath
- Jonah Kellar – The Elephant Restaurant, Torquay
- Harriet Pecover – Head Pastry Chef, The Jack in the Green, Rockbeare
- Kristian Press – Gara Rock Restaurant, South Pool
- Richard Townsend – Junior Sous Chef, The Eastbury Hotel, Sherborne
- Camilla Waite – Chef de Partie, Paul Ainsworth at Number 6, Padstow
- Amy Ward – Apprentice Chef, Magdalen Chapter Hotel, Exeter
- Dominic Weeks – Chef de Partie, Lumière, Cheltenham
Well done for getting this far Dom, we can’t wait to see how you get on!
Like mentioned, we only let experienced writers work in our team. This helps us deliver top-notch work every time you place a new order. As we offer custom writing services, you always receive high quality, unique, and plagiarism-free work. We will have your dissertation written from scratch, and while doing this, the writers will keep your special instructions in mind.